Friday, December 5, 2008

Mini Pies!

As I mentioned in the last post, I made a chocolate pecan pie for work and didn't get to taste it. Then my mother made the same pie for Thanksgiving and I had a small piece (because there were three pies to sample!). So the week after Thanksgiving, I realized I didn't get my pecan pie fix like I shoulda. I didn't want to make a whole pie for myself. C'mon give me some credit; I do have some control. However I needed it so the solution was clearly MINI pie.

I used the same Pecan Pie recipe from the last post (without the chocolate) and simply split the filling recipe in half. I used the equivalent to one pie crust and it made five mini tart/pies. The only adjustment I had to make was to the baking time: I lowered the temperature to around 320 degrees and it ended up baking 40 minutes or so. The toothpick test will let you know when they're done!

They're perfect for one serving of your very own little pie! :)

1 comment:

grace said...

those are indeed some tasty-looking pie-lettes, but i know for a fact that i couldn't eat just one and might as well have half of a regular-sized pie. :)